Friday, February 2, 2007

A long week

Sorry for the delay since the last post.

I've been in NYC for a big piece of the week for the LegalTech show, which is the largest show in the litigation support industry. It's quite a deal. I'd bet there were at minimum several thousand people there, all networking attending seminars, buying, selling services and goods and, of course, doing some networking.

Networking was really the prime focus of my visit there, though I had significant booth duty and conversations.

New York's always fun, and this year was no exception. In my other life, my motorcycle life, I attend an annual BMW rally that has several thousand attendees and is much like LegalTech. In many ways they're the same. There's a group of folks that share a common interest, have, in some cases, known each other for years and years and are more than happy to cut loose and have some fun in the evening. Much like the riders, stories are told of disasters, near misses, witty retorts and personalities that somehow seem larger than life.

Along the way, I managed to get some kind of nasty viral thing that's given me the voice of Lou Rawls and a cough that sounds like old plumbing. A trip to flash gordon, m.d. this morning yielded a prescription for antibiotics.

The orthopedist tells me I won't have to have surgery, but will get some PT and should be at "85 - 98%" when I get done in a month or two.

Sounds good to me.

Now where's my Ricola?

1 comment:

David Ferrance said...

Good luck with the shoulder. What's the history on the R100???