Thursday, January 25, 2007

Languishing in the midwinter doldrums




The astute reader will note that I managed to get knocked off my bike, leaving both it and I a bit creaky and damaged. I'm getting my shoulder looked at by my orthopedist next week after I return from NYC.

I'm somewhat distressed that I haven't mustered one iota of enthusiasm for putting the airhead back together, though. I'm not sure what it is. Midwinter doldrums? General lack of enthusiasm to do virtually anything physical while my shoulder feels like it has rocks in it? I'm really surprised at myself. I love that airhead and I cringe a bit when I see it out there with a big gash over its eyeball.

One thing at a time I guess. My job is in flux, I'm getting ready to do some traveling, I've got MOA responsibilities to tend to that have gone too long without attention.

One thing at a time.

Good thing Tina's here to prop me up and help me deal with it.

3 comments:

Drif10 said...

Though I understand there's a history to that bike, you've commented before about how much work it is to ride. With the RT, GS, and VFR at your disposal, it's not surprising that you're in no hurry to fix something like that.

Those 3 bikes I noted make my all time ten best most user friendly bikes. An old airhead doesn't. :D

Ben said...

Greetings from a fellow advrider.
I'm putting a DT2 back on the road - it's in the living room right now. I've hit a "relaxed schedule time" right now too, I feel you with the less motivation thing. For me it's parts, I just don't have some of the things I need right now, namely a front sprocket - not to mention a battery to take care of the electronics I'll need to make it street legal ... and it's also snow covered outside.
Good luck with it, I think I'm following your thread in adv.

Dave Swider said...

Thanks, cap. I'm going to try and take the R100 apart this weekend and sort parts, so I can get in inventory of what to fix, what to replace and what to do.

I'll take photos, of course.

And Drif, I'm going to go out this afternoon and sit on them all, to see which one works the best. With luck, I'll get out for a ride this weekend. It'll feel good. Tina says, I'm starting to pout.