Thursday, January 18, 2007

Fell off my motorcycle


A bit more than a week ago, I managed to get knocked off my R100CS by a guy making a Uturn. He did the typical pull to the right like he was going to park, then, as I got closer, he pulled out and hit me. I wound up flying through the air, landing right on my face.

You really want to wear a full face helmet.

My gear kept from getting any bit of road rash or other damage, though my right shoulder continues to hurt. Nonetheless, I took a trip to the emergency room at Marin General and they checked me out, pronouncing my injuries as a sprained neck and shoulder.

Tomorrow, it's off for an MRI.

I've reached a settlement with the insurance company, who will be buying me a new helmet. They're also going to give me some money to fix the fairing, which is busted beyond all belief. This is kind of a rare bike, with a history (more on that at a later date), so I think I'm going to try and make the bike prettier than it is now.

Both of us need a little help, I think.

No comments: