Wednesday, January 24, 2007

When it rains, it pours

I'll say it right up front. I'm a sales person. Account Executive, if you prefer. I show people things they can use to help manage their litigation document collections. Sometimes, they buy. More often, though, they don't. It's not personal, it's business.

I'm at a company that sells some nifty processing that's an add on to more basic processing. Business has been, in a word, tough. I still do OK, but one can't help but wonder whether the company is going to make it. So, I've been idly casting about for a job elsewhere in the industry. This week, I've been talking with a company I respect about an AE position. They're pretty large and do some pretty neat stuff. Strangely, I was referred to them by the president of my company. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Am I getting the bum's rush?

Anyway, a recruiter I know, also a rider, called this morning with a Sales Engineering position opportunity. It sounds neat and I'd get to work with some folks I already know and respect.

So, decisions, decisions, decisions.

We've got company coming tonight, so the hard core husband/wife decisions will probably have to wait a day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, good luck with that mang. I'd say the SE gig would be a nice change of pace if the $$ is good enough.