Friday, January 19, 2007

MRI Day with an open MRI

Today, I went for an MRI on my shoulder. I've had them before and they were sort of like slowly being fed through a sausage stuffer or something.

This time, I had an "open MRI". Instead of the ring arrangement, the "open MRI" has a pair of parallel planes that you lay between. It wasn't bad. It's got the usual accompaniment of drum sounds, but it's not nearly as claustrophobic.

I walked out with a set of "X Rays" that show various slices of my shoulder, all with a handy orientation guide in the upper left. The guide shows exactly where each "slice" was positioned. It's kind of creepy to look at them and see all the big parts in my shoulder, even if I don't have a clue about what anything is.

Come to think of it, that's probably why it's creepy.

Off to the orthopedic guy, hopefully next week. I'm headed to NYC in another week and will gone most of the week, so I'm hoping I won't have to wait two weeks to get some progress going.

Speaking of other fallout of the events a couple weeks ago, it seems that Schuberth Helmets aren't being distributed in this country anymore. The folks with the distribution rights seem to have found something else to do with their time and/or money, so us folks that like them are out of luck.

Fortunately, I found them on line, so I'm still able to replace it. It's just that I'd rather have been able to support my local dealer, Marin BMW.

2 comments:

Daniel Ackermann said...

"they were sort of like slowly being fed through a sausage stuffer"


Now that IS funny, Mr Sausage Man!

Dave Swider said...

Thanks, Daniel. I didn't even think of it when I wrote it, but it does make a certain kind of sense, doesn't it? :-)